Re: Pre-pending and post=pending cell data in Excel

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Pre-pending and post=pending cell data in Excel
Posted by:  Dave Peterson (ec357…@msn.com)
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003

Do you have to have the asterisks in the cell or can it just look like they're
there.

If your data is really numbers, you could use a custom fromat of:

\*#\*

The asterisks aren't really in the cell, they just look like it.  On the other
hand, the value is still a number, so you can do arithmetic with it.

--

Dave Peterson
ec357…@msn.com