Re: merge cells

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: merge cells
Posted by:  Frank Isaacs (fra…@dolphintechnology.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003

You'll need to write a macro to do this; I don't know of any shortcut.

First, make a backup of your spreadsheet. Then, record the actions you do
for one pair of cells being merged, and stop the macro recorder. Then
examine the code and make it more general so it can go across a whole row of
your data and be included in a For...Next loop. Then enclose that code in
another For...Next loop to go down to row 256, doing the same thing.

For help with the macro itself, best place to post is in the .programming
group once you get started. (Post the actual code that's not doing what you
expect.)

--
HTH -

-Frank Isaacs