Re: Excel Date conversions

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Excel Date conversions
Posted by:  Jason Morin (jason.mor…@us.exel.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003

Excel will attempt to recognize a date when you enter it,
but it has its limitations. In your case, you can do a
couple of things:

1) Download and adapt some code from MVP Chip Pearson's
website that when convert your entries automatically:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

2) Use formulas already in place to convert the date in
another column. Format your entry cells as text and then
use the formula:

=REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,3,,"-"),6,,"-")*1

Format the formula column as date.

HTH