Re: Inserting current time

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Inserting current time
Posted by:  Nick Hodge (nick_hod…@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003

Talltone

How about putting a CommandButton from the control toolbox on the worksheet.
(Right click anywhere on the toolbars and select the Control Toolbox.
Select a command button from this and draw it on the sheet.  While still in
design mode, right click the control and select 'properties'.  Set the
TakeFocusOnClick setting to 'false'.  Double click the control and paste the
code below in to the resultant window.  Close the window, exit 'design
mode', (click on the little set square icon))

Now each time you click on the button, it will put in the current time,
including seconds and advance to the cell below.

Code

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ActiveCell.Value = Time()
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

(oooohhhhhh, it was sooooooooooooo satisfying to use select!  (It is seldom
necessary to use select, you can act on objects in VBA without
selecting...it's just been such a long time!))

--
HTH
Nick Hodge