Re: Spacebar and Escape Keys

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Spacebar and Escape Keys
Posted by:  Dave Peterson (ec357…@msn.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003

I use xl2k at work and xl2002 at home and have never seen this.

Spacebar types the space character--it doesn't move the selected cell.

The things I'd look at are keyboards--does it happen all the time?
and starting excel in safe mode
windows start button|Run
Excel /safe
Open your workbook and try it out

Maybe (though, unlikely I would think) you have a macro that's trying to help.

--

Dave Peterson
ec357…@msn.com