Re: Pivot Table question

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Pivot Table question
Posted by:  Debra Dalgleish (d…@contexturesXSPAM.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003

Add a column to the source data, which will return a 1 for the first
instance of each item. For example, in cell B2:

  =IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)=1,1,0)

Copy the formula down to the last row of data.

Expand the pivot table source range to include this column, and add the
new field to the data area of the pivot table, as a SUM.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List