Re: cant write a formula in some cells

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: cant write a formula in some cells
Posted by:  Tom Ogilvy (twogil…@msn.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003

In the name box type

B4:B6000 <cr>
this will select B4:B6000
go to the formula bar and type
=B3
then do Ctrl+Enter rather than just enter.  This will enter the adjusted
formula in each cell (so every cell will reference the cell above it an they
will all hold the value of B3).

More than likely, you have some cells formatted as Text.  Select Column B
and do format=>Cells, select number tab and select General.

The other possibility is that you are in formula view.  If you can not put a
formula in any cell and have it act as a formula, the this might be
indicated.  the view can be toggled with Ctrl+~  (ctrl + the upper left key
on the number row, no shift key).

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy