Re: Save Function and Macro Question

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Save Function and Macro Question
Posted by:  Paul B (pbridgesne…@uga.edu)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003

Some functions in excel are "volatile", they will re-calculate every time
excel is opened, this will make the worksheet change even if you don't make
any changes. Here are some of the functions that will cause this to happen,
there are probable many more, but they don't come to mind right now
NOW
TODAY
RAND
INDIRECT
OFFSET

You also have to remove the modules on which the macros were stored have a
look here for detailshttp://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"Excel Semi-Pro" <anonymo…@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of my worksheets will ask me if I want to save upon exit even when I
make no changes, and some don't. I believe it has something to do with a
prior link that has been deleted.

> Also, a similar situation, upon opening a worksheet, the "macro warning"
window comes up even though I have no macro. I started to write a macro and
then deleted it. I still get the warning.