RE: When entering one name in a cell a different name shows up, why?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: When entering one name in a cell a different name shows up, why?
Posted by:  tim m
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006

Are the names similar, as in start with the same few letters perhaps?  There
is a feature called 'autocomplete' that will stick in data that is similar to
what you are starting to type in a cell. (in some cases it make entry
multiple entries of the same data easier)  You can go into
'tools'...'options'....'edit' and uncheck the 'autocomplete' box.