RE: running balances

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: running balances
Posted by:  JLatham
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006

Put this formula in cell D5:
= D4 - C5
and simply drag/extend it down the page.  You have not allowed for deposits,
but you can handle them in this simple format by entering them as negative
values.

Or if you put deposits in Column B, you could change the formula for D5 to:
= D4 + B5 - C5

If you want to just use column C for both deposits and debits and enter them
in more standard form, in cell D5 enter
= D4 + C5
and enter all checks and service charges and such as negative numbers, and
deposits as positive values.