Re: Excel number format problems

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Excel number format problems
Posted by:  Annoyed !!!
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006

That would be fine if I wasn't using a simple formula in the cells as well.
It's a basic six digit date code with an extra two digits to determine
chronological order of production on batch number labels.

I've set it up so that it does a simple calculation =B7+1 for instance where
B7 is the cell immediately above in the column so that it continues down the
column when copied and pasted adding one number at a time.  It needs to be
flexible as some start with 0 if the day is 1 to 9 in the month.  If I could
only retain the custom number format instead of it changing to Greek all the
time it would be fine.