RE: data validation or message box

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: data validation or message box
Posted by:  Miguel Zapico
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006

You may consider a third option, conditional formating.  Data validation will
prevent the data to be entered, while conditional formating will allow the
data entered, but show a warning (like red fill, for example)
In both cases you can use formulas that evaluate to TRUE or FALSE, with the
"Custom" criteria in Data validation, and the "Formula Is" in conditional
formating.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.