Re: Group & Outline in Protected Worksheets

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Group & Outline in Protected Worksheets
Posted by:  Dave Peterson (peters…@verizonXSPAM.net)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006

If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect
the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
        .EnableOutlining = True
        '.EnableAutoFilter = True
    End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook.  (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)

--

Dave Peterson