Re: Damaged Text to Numbers

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Damaged Text to Numbers
Posted by:  Dave Peterson (peters…@verizonXSPAM.net)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006

I'm not sure many people have access to the original thread, so it's difficult
to know what links you tried.

David McRitchie has a macro that cleans up this kind of stuff:

(look for "Sub Trimall()"

Or you could use a formula in a different cell:

=--substitute(a1,char(160),"")

The -- stuff converts text to numbers.

Drag down the column and convert to values.  Then delete the original
non-numeric column.

--

Dave Peterson