RE: How Do I Combine Rankings for Multiple Categories?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: How Do I Combine Rankings for Multiple Categories?
Posted by:  Miguel Zapico
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006

I would use two named ranges and the formula VLOOKUP.
For example, if the list for Return on Equity" is on range named "Return",
and the sales growth in a range named "Growth", if you have "Microsoft" (or
the code that you use for Microsoft on the database) on cell A1 the formula
can be:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Returns,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(A1,Growth,2,FALSE)

Hope this helps,
Miguel.