RE: pivot table layout

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: pivot table layout
Posted by:  Ron Coderre
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006

Jim:

Given the structure you posted, you won't be able to get a Pivot Table laid
out the way you want.....but....

You WILL get that layout if you use Data Consolidation:

<data><consolidate>
Select your data range....click the [ADD] button
Use Labels in...
Check: Top Row
Check: Left Column
Click the [OK] button

OR

If you format your data this way, the Pivot Table will work:
Dbl    Sgl    Value
aa     a    1
ab     a    2
aa     a    3