RE: Substring in excel? How about regular expressions?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: Substring in excel? How about regular expressions?
Posted by:  Miguel Zapico
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006

The compile error may be because of the name of the variable "str", try with
str1, for example.
About functions to play with text, try LEFT, MID or RIGHT.  In this case,
LEFT can be the best one.

You can use Regular Expresions in VBA, just add the reference for "Microsoft
VBScript Regular Expresions 5.5"

Hope this helps,
Miguel.