Re: Excel Red X is grayed out & wont close application how do I fix

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Excel Red X is grayed out & wont close application how do I fix
Posted by:  Gord Dibben (gorddibbATshawDOTca)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006

Are using using Groupwise?

If that's the problem. See this MSKB article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199

Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.

It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:10:03 -0700, chuckhn60
<chuckhn…@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The red X at the upper right corner of my screen with Excel open and also
>with aq document open is grayed out like it is not an option to use.
>
>To exit from the workbook and program I have to go to file and select exit.
>
>How do I regain the functionality of the RED X
>
>Thank you

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP