Re: Formulas

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Formulas
Posted by:  Pete_UK (pashur…@auditel.net)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007

If you put a, b, c or d in A1, then this formula will return the rate
per yard:

=CHOOSE(CODE(A1)-96,4,4.25,4.5,5)

As for your other queries, you can have simple codes like Y or N in a
column (eg E) for padding charges and a formula like:

=IF(E1="Y",chg,0)

where chg is your padding charge (or rate, to be multiplied by the
area), and a formula like:

=IF(G1="state_1",x,y)

where G contains the state and x is the tax rate for state_1 and y is
the tax rate for the other state.

Hope this helps.

Pete