|Subject:||Excel formula flicker / erase formula / won't close|
|Posted by:||robotman (robotm…@gmail.com)|
|Date:||26 Jan 2007|
I'm having a really weird problem with Excel. I'm hoping someone has
seen this before. Here are some of the problems. It appears like
Excel is stuck in some loop. Maybe a bad system file?
1. Excel CPU usage is around 75% even when I'm not doing anything in
2. When I try to edit the formula on the formula bar, Excel just types
garbage and erases the formula.
3. The formula flickers like it's being refreshed over and over.
4. When I drag and drop, the contents vanish.
5. Excel won't close even if there are no workbooks loaded.
I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling Excel and the problem persists.
I don't see any weird problems in any other program. There haven't
been any system changes that I know of.
Has anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas?!!