Re: How does Excel make it's guess as to what type of file a CSV file is?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How does Excel make it's guess as to what type of file a CSV file is?
Posted by:  Jim Rech (jrre…@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008

CSV stands for comma separated values and it's a file type MS designated
many years ago.  It is not fixed width and you cannot give that extension to
a fixed width file and declare it to be a CSV.  You have to play by the
rules.  Try another extension like TXT or PRN but then you'll have to go
through the Text Import Wizard or use a macro that uses the OpenText method.

--
Jim