Re: Calculating dates

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Calculating dates
Posted by:  joeu2004 (joeu20…@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011

On Jan 5, 9:35=A0am, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells)
> to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month
> and day for specific year? For instance, turn...
> 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010
> and
> 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010
> I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and
> do it starting in 2010.

Depends on what you want to do with a start date of 2/29/2008.

If you are content with an anniversary date of 3/1/2010, then
DATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) might be the best solution.

But most people prefer an anniversary date of 2/28/2010.  In that
case, I would suggest EDATE(A1,12*(2010-YEAR(A1)) formatted as Date.

If you do not explicitly select a Date format, Excel will display a
number, which represents the number of days since 12/31/1899 unless
you choose the 1904 Date calculation option -- not recommended unless
you are creating a file on or for Mac.

If you are using XL2003 and you get a #NAME error, see the EDATE help
page regarding enabling the ATP.  If you cannot use the ATP, there is
an alternative formulation, but it is much more complex.