|Subject:||Requests for ASP return a 404 (not because of IIS Lockdown)|
|Date:||1 Nov 2006|
This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. I have IIS 5.0
running on Win2K Server. I have multiple websites defined. On some
websites, requests for ASP pages execute and return fine. On other
websites, I get a 404. I know that:
1. The ".asp" extension is associated with
2. When I remove all code from the ASP page and just leave HTML, it
3. URLScan is not running.
4. The requests is logged to IIS as a 404.
5. The anonymous user has full access to the folder and the ASP page,
integrated Windows authentication is disabled.
6. There's no custom error page that would, for example, cause a 500
error to appear as a 404.
Any help would be highly appreciated. This is causing big problems for