Re: Cannot access website

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Cannot access website
Posted by:  David Wang (w3.4y…@gmail.com)
Date: 7 Nov 2006

If the machine is dual-homed on different NICs and you see this outage
periodically, make sure you have network routing configured correctly
to have the gateway go through the "larger" of the dual-homed networks.
That is a classic misconfiguration of Windows Server 2003 done by many,
many people.

IIS doesn't decide to randomly go offline on one network interface but
not the other. So I believe this is a network/routing configuration
issue OUTSIDE of IIS.

//David
http://w3-4u.blogspot.com
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang