Re: Cannot access website

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Cannot access website
Posted by:  Will Platnick (wplatni…@gmail.com)
Date: 7 Nov 2006

Tony,
Is this machine dual-homed (2 NICs) by any chance?  If so, it sounds
like your routing could be messed up, possibly from the presence of
multiple gateway addresses being specified (one on each NIC).  If this
is the case, you could remove the default gateway from your LAN facing
adapter, and then add a persistent route for your internal network to
go through the correct LAN gateway.

I don't think the problem lies in IIS if you're absolutely positive
that internal clients and external clients arrive at the same web
server AND that the page is not cached by internal clients anywhere,
either on their machine or possibly in an ISA server or something.

-Will Platnick
http://www.willplatnick.com