Re: how to configure virtual directory to use .Net v1.1 instead of v2.

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: how to configure virtual directory to use .Net v1.1 instead of v2.
Posted by:  Ken Schaefer (kenREMO…@THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006

Hi,

If you configure your Virtual Directory as an Application root (on the
Virtual Directory tab), then you can use the "Configuration" button on that
tab to configure .aspx (and any other extenstions) to point to the v1.1
aspnet_isapi.dll rather than the v2.0 aspnet_isapi.dll file (each ASP.NET
ISAPI .dll file lives in c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\versionNumber\
folder)

By aware that you can only load one version of the .NET framework into each
worker process, so you will need to run this virtual directory's application
in its own web application pool (i.e. with it's own worker process), or put
it into an existing web application pool that is already hosting v1.1
applications.

Cheers
Ken