Re: HTTP Status 100

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: HTTP Status 100
Posted by:  Larry (larry@nospam.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007

Thank you David for your reply.

We collect every request/response that comes to our web site and they are
written into a session that we can replay back in a browser. The product is
called Tealeaf. Anyway, from that session, we can look at all the header
info, data, cookies, everything that is coming in as that request. Then as
the response is generated, that then is attched to that request and we can
see what is going back t the user.

The reason I can see the http 100 is because of looking at specific user
sessions when they have a problem. I can see the http 100 come in with a
blank response other than that which IIS sends back and then no more requests
come in. I compare that with the IIS logs - the http 100 does not record.

I do not believe this is an IIS issue but I am at a loss explaining what is
happening.

Why wouldn't the browser be processing the response to a 100 request?

Does the http 100 start at the browser? Isn't it asking if IIS is ready to
process a request - thus a response to continue?

Seems like a browser sending a 100 request should be processing the continue
response. But here again, I'm not a pro at what all this really means.

Thanks again for your reply.

--
Larry