|Subject:||IIS hanging request - not in IISState|
|Date:||Mon, 09 Jul 2007|
I am trying to figure out why every once in a while a new request to
my asp.net application will simply hang.
* IIS is not hanging - new requests can be made
* CPU is at 0..%
* IISState of inetinfo does nto show my request
* IISState of w3p.exe does not show my request
* my request is not in the W3SVC log
* sometimes such requests are not in trace.axd, sometimes they
are. I've had such request start logging through application log while
executing in Page_Load, but stop/hang up at the end of Page_Load. in
that case trace.axd does not show them at all, like they never
* Browser hangs waiting for something to come back.
* If I recycle App Pool - browser keeps hanging, so it's not
hanging in the w3p.exe
* if I restart IIS Web Server - browser stops
* I've seen once that a web browser after very long wait said
something about a bad request (error 400)
* hanging request tends to occur after another request for a file
download done with TransferFile command in asp.net. file download
request usually ends with Thread.ThreadAborting exception. And I tend
to get one of these zombie requests after this downloading. however it
has occured in other circumstances too.
* I dont' see any errors in the event viewer
* this is a windows 2003 server enterprise edition
* there are no other web apps running on server
can anyone point me in the right direction to find a way to debug
could this be related to using OleDb from the asp.net application? I
use OleDb to talk to Sybase.