Re: Cannot dislplay web sites on non standard http port 80

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Cannot dislplay web sites on non standard http port 80
Posted by:  Kristofer Gafvert (kgafve…@NEWSilopia.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007

To run IIS on a non-standard port:

- Open IIS Manager
- Right click the website and click Properties
- Change the field "TCP Port" to the port you want to use
- Make whatever changes needed in the firewall or other device that could
stop the request from going to the webserver.
- Access the website using the port number.

I just did these steps on a Windows XP machine and it worked fine to
access the website on port 8060. If it does not work for you, please type
this in a command prompt:

netstat -ano

Is something listening on port 8060? If so, look up the PID in task
manager to verify that IIS is listening on this port.

--
Regards,
Kristofer Gafvert