Re: Renewing SSL certificate

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Renewing SSL certificate
Posted by:  Daniel Crichton (msne…@worldofspack.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008

cbass wrote  on Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:12:01 -0700:

> I have my renewed ssl certificate and am trying to import it into IIS.
> When
> I bring up my web server certificate wizard and choose replace
> certificate,  my new certificate does not appear in the options. Any
> advice?

You need to go back to the certificate settings in the site and use the
option to complete an existing renewal request. If you don't have this, then
you might find the request in the Certificate Manager MMC. If you can't find
the existing request to match the certificate to that you're trying to
import then you'll have to request a new certificate from the CA, as the
initial request is required to complete the certificate.

--
Dan