Re: Internet Security Program and Outlook 2000

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Internet Security Program and Outlook 2000
Posted by:  PA Bear (PABearM…@gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006

Always state your Windows version when posting to a MS newsgroup, please,
Yvonne.

Well, I can tell you that you're not alone:

http://www.tech-forums.net/computer/topic/34722.html (Dec-04)

Posted by the same person:
http://tech-forums.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=241001#post241001 (Dec-04)

I'd be sorely tempted to cut my lossed & backup my personal data, format &
reinstall Windows, if I found myself in your shoes.  From the above links,
it looks like resetting winsock2 /might/ resolve at least some of your
issues but...

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
  http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
  http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware.  **Post
your log tohttp://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html,
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7, or other appropriate
forums for expert analysis, not here.**

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org