RE: Internet Security Program and Outlook 2000

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: Internet Security Program and Outlook 2000
Posted by:  Panda man (Pandam…@discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006

My reply is at the bottom of your message :

"Yvonne" wrote:

> Last year I decided to try a few other anti-virus programs besides Norton and
> McAfee. I searched the Internet and found a version of "Panda Platinum 2005
> Internet Security". What website I obtained this version of Panda from, I'm
> not overly sure but it was free. Of course, I know now that free is not
> necessarily the best choice.
>
> I had also found a version of Panda that wasn't free and which had an
> on-line scan of your PC. From what I now understand this anti-virus program
> is the legitimate version and what I downloaded as "free" wasn't legitimate.
>
> Anyway, whatever happened has happened. It incorporated itself into my
> Outlook 2000 program and taking forever for Outlook to load, even when I
> rebooted several times. I got frustrated and decided to remove it from my
> computer.
>
> There were still some residual files left but I didn’t touch those and went
> into Outlook 2000 and the following error appeared:
>
> "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2005 Internet
> Security ..." could not be installed or loaded. This program may be resolved
> by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu. Unable to load "C:\Program
> Files\Panda Software\Panda Pl...". You may be out of memory, out of system
> resources, or missing a .dll file."
>
> I clicked ok and another screen with the same error appeared for which I
> clicked ok again and then was able to get into Outlook.
>
> I decided to go and delete the residual files that were left; however, there
> were 3 files which I was unable to delete, an error message indicated the
> files were unable to be deleted, that access is denied.
>
> I have rebooted many times and tried Detect and Repair in Outlook several
> times without success. I also tried to go back several times and delete the
> residual files.
>
> Today, as unsure and uncomfortable about RegEdit as I am, I decided to go
> into RegEdit and see if there was any files in there mentioning "Panda
> Platinum 2005 Internet Security" and deleted all the Panda files and
> directories.
>
> I rebooted and went back into Outlook and the same lengthy error - the one
> starting with “The add-in “C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum
> 2005 Internet Security ...” appeared.
>
> I then retried the Detect and Repair in Outlook but that didn’t work. I’ve
> also removed Microsoft Office and reinstalled it but that didn’t work.
>
> Now it appears that every time I go into Internet Explorer, I get two files
> placed on my desktop and in my file directories called "WebExcl.dat" and
> "WebProxy.ini".  I can delete them but they come back again the next time I
> go into the Internet.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Your Panda wasn't legal and this cannot guarantee you the quality the real
Panda has . Panda Platinum 2005 was excellent product , IMO .

It is not removed correctly. Contact Panda Software's tech support . They
will send you a removal tool for Panda Platinum 2005 so this tool will stop
all resident processes,will delete all files of Panda and will delete all
Panda reg keys.
http://www.pandasoftware.com/about/contact/

I suggest you think of buying genuie (legal) software.
NOD32 Anti-threat system is excellent.
http://www.eset.com

I generally don't recommend you use i-net suits but if you do want a whole
internet security suit , buy Panda Platinum 2006 ,for example or Norton
Internet Security .
http://www.pandasoftware.com
http://www.symantec.com

Panda_man