|Posted by:||David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net)|
|Date:||Mon, 26 Jun 2006|
From: "rdb61554" <rdb615…@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Has anyone had this sent to them in an e-mail it is supposed to be from
| Microsoft ( Microsoft [WARNING: VIRUS REMOVED] Use this patch immediately !)
| if so is it genuine??
| if so contact me at rdb615…@insightbb.com
There are several Internet worms that masquerade as patches from Microsoft. The most common
are; Swen, Dumaru, Gibe and Torvil. All AV companies and Microsoft are fully aware of this
All you can do is...
1. Keep your AV package up-to-date
2. Create email "rules" to auto-delete the offending messages
3. Petition your ISP to install AV software on their respective email servers.
4. Install all MS Critical Updates via the Windows Update web site.
5. Always munge your email address when posting to UseNet
6. If all else fails, Change your email address.
warning posted by rdb61554 on Mon, 26 Jun 2006