Re: Is it necessary to update Realplayer, and attain all security updates for al

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Is it necessary to update Realplayer, and attain all security updates for al
Posted by:  Kerry Brown (ker…@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006

It used to be that updates were bug fixes. If your system was working OK you
didn't need to do the updates. Now that almost all programs use some kind of
Internet communications updates are often security fixes to stop possible
malware attacks. You should always keep all your programs up to date. Some
people consider Real Player itself to be spyware and recommend alternatives.

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User