|Subject:||RE: How to buy a SSL certificate?|
|Posted by:||John (Jo…@discussions.microsoft.com)|
|Date:||Wed, 22 Nov 2006|
SOLUTION for: How to Install Win2K3 Terminal Server SSL Certificate
Short Answer to reply/close to various posts I made:
- Do not Install Windows Server 2003 Certificate Services.
- Produce a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) on any available IIS6 box, any
website. Yes CSP, select MS RSA
- In CSR be sure to specify your FQDN intented for use by remote RDC
Users, same as RDC â€œServerâ€ text box.
- My FQDN is a Registered Whois Domain with resolves to IP like any other
- Buy a SSL Certificate from any CA. Apply your CSR at CA. Get CRT files,
two in my case, Web Cert & Intermediate Certificate.
- Apply CRTs to IIS6 Box, ICert to MMC and WCert to IIS6.
- Export Certificate from IIS6 Website as .PFX file, remove CRTs from IIS6
- Apply both CRTs to TS Box via MMC.
- TS Configuration will should now properly see your SSL Certificate.
How to buy a SSL certificate? posted by John on Mon, 20 Nov 2006