Re: Securing a Public Computer Session

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Securing a Public Computer Session
Posted by:  S. Pidgorny (slavic…@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006

G'day,

No, there is no work around. If both network infrastructure and connection
point are controlled by untrusted and potentially malicious party, don't
access restricted information. Corporations are giving employees portable
computers with Internet connectivity arrangements (like mobile data
networks), and mobile phone/PDAs, to work around this.

However, just trusting network infrastructure alone can be dangerous. Take a
look at my writeup on Using Rogue Access Point to Compromise Client
Systemshttp://sl.mvps.org/docs/RogueAP.htm).

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-