Re: AVG

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: AVG
Posted by:  Tom Willett (tompepper@mvps.invalid)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006

AVG is *not* discontinuing its free AV.  They are offering v7.5 to replace
v7.1, which will be discontinued.  The information is posted on the Grisoft
web site:

"GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.
This new 7.5 version with improved performance and full compatibility with
the latest Windows Vista version is available. Users that are using AVG Free
7.1 will be provided with a specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with
the opportunity to choose the right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free
7.1 version will be discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007."

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1