Re: CanĀ“t install antivir

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Can´t install antivir
Posted by:  Malke (notreally@invalid.invalid)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007

fimbelete wrote:

> error 1034  c/folder program/kaspersky lab/kaspersky antivir 6.0/avp.exe
> .check access for this directory.
>
> I can´t install any antivir      .I try  kaspersky-avg
> -bitdefender-norton. not posssible.

Normally the reason for being unable to install any antivirus program is
that the computer is already infected.

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with either Sysclean or Multi_AV, plus AVG Anti-Spyware
(formerly Ewido -http://www.ewido.net/en/) and follow instructions to do
all scans in Safe Mode.

Then get, install, and update a full-featured av and do a thorough scan in
Safe Mode.

When all else fails, run HijackThis and post your log in one of the
specialty forums listed at the link above (not here, please).

isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a professional computer repair
shop (not your local version of BigStoreUSA). The only alternative to going
through the malware removal tediously and systematically, probably with
online help from an HJT forum, and taking the machine to a real
professional is to back up your data and do a clean install of Windows.
It's your call. Please be aware that not all local shops are skilled at
removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be so infested
that Windows will need to be clean-installed. Have all your data backed up
before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke

--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com