Re: Traverse Folder Permissions

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Traverse Folder Permissions
Posted by:  Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSp…@asu.edu)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007

"see the files" means
a) look at file contents
b) see names of the files
c) a+b
??
Allowing access to subfolder via browsing in Explore
is possible if you allow b (and you can disallow a and c).
If you want to disallow b then you need to provide them
with a shortcut direct to the subfolder as they cannot
navigate to there using Explore selection without list
grants on the parental dirs.