Re: NEW CA Server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: NEW CA Server
Posted by:  jwgoerli…@gmail.com
Date: 15 Jan 2007

Scott wrote:
> Is it possible to just add Certificate Services to one of my other DCs
> and copy everything over, or is this issue a lot more involved than that?

It is a bit more complicated that copying the key store. The name of
the CA server has to stay the same. Otherwise, the certificates will be
invalid.

One possibility is to upgrade the Win2000 DC to Win2003, raise the
Active Directory level to 2003, and then move the certificates using
the following article.

HOWTO: Move a certificate authority to a new server running on a domain
controller.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555012

Regards,

J Wolfgang Goerlich