Re: Allowing outside users access to company Intranet (anonymous)

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Allowing outside users access to company Intranet (anonymous)
Posted by:  Phillip Windell (..@.)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007

If the information is not "sensitive information" and is allowing just
read-only access,...then anonymous can be *more* secure because there are no
user credentials going over the wire.

Do not allow anonymous if there are uploads happening.  It must be read-only
access to non-sensitive data.  That is what most all public web sites are
doing.

--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

The views expressed are my own (as annoying as they are), and not those of
my employer or anyone else associated with me.