Re: Allowing outside users access to company Intranet (anonymous)

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Allowing outside users access to company Intranet (anonymous)
Posted by:  Steven L Umbach (n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007

Basic authentication sends passwords in clear text anyhow which is not
desirable for most. If the intranet web server is not available to users
outside of the network and your users can get the access they need I would
not worry too much about using anonymous access if nothing sensitive is on
the web server. Checking the security log of the web server may give a clue
as to why your current authentication is failing particularly if you enable
auditing of privilege use for failure also.

Steve