Re: Granting Access to View Application Pools

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Granting Access to View Application Pools
Posted by:  Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSp…@asu.edu)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007

IIRC IIS mgmt UI of IIS 6 doesnot/cannot grant that type/level
of granularity, but IIS 7 probably (have not look specifically
at that very narrow requirement) does.

You should not that what you outlined does not grant ability
to look at the application pools, but only that the definitions
of the pools (which might not be in use).

You might want to consider making an NTFS change on the
metabase.xml and providing either raw access or a script
or IE+SLT that reads the metabase.xml and shows them the
relevant info.

Roger