Re: Prevent Unauthorized PCs to connect on the LAN

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Prevent Unauthorized PCs to connect on the LAN
Posted by:  Jon Holvoet (jon.no-spam.holvoet@telenet.be)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007

What you are looking for can be implemented with 802.1x:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.1x
Of course your current infrastructure must be able to support it.

If such a solution might be too expensive, you can always turn back to
MAC-based control, but this is a solution that is far from secure, due to
the easy spoofing of MAC addresses.

--

Jon Holvoet
MCSA / MCSE Security