Re: Removing viruses from another hard drive.

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Removing viruses from another hard drive.
Posted by:  Aaron (kemtek…@gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007

Wally Wombat wrote:
> Hi
> I have spent days and days trying to find an answer to the following.
> I have run antivirus/malware programs for years on my machine and most of
> the time keep it reasonably clean of bugs, so I know all about removing stuff
> from a live, connected to the internet computer.
> What I would like to know is, how does one remove viruses from a second
> computer which has no internet, or an ineffective antivirus/malware.
> Is it possible to slave the hard drive to an up to date computer and scan
> from there without collecting all the bugs from the slave drive? Or does one
> have to setup antivirus programs on the infected computer and update
> manually.
> However what happens if it is dead, and cannot start due to the infection.
>
> I know this is probably basic stuff but any help would be appreciated.
>
> Wombat

Clamwin antivirus, which is free, can be found here:
http://www.clamwin.com/
With downloadable definitions here:
http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/58/27/
If you have a removable drive and want to run and update from your
internet capable computer, then run it from the portable drive on the
no-internet computer, try Clamwin Portable:
http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable

Spybot Search & Destroy, and downloadable updates, are here:

Superantispyware is here:
http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html
With downloadable definitions here:
http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html