RE: Password-protected email attachments

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: Password-protected email attachments
Posted by:  Anteaus (Antea…@discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008

Varies. Some mailfilters can be set to disallow zips which cannot be opened
for virus-scanning.

We filter such that IF the message has an attachment of type zip, AND the
body text contains the string 'password' THEN it gets the heave-ho.

There was a virus doing the rounds a few months back which propagates as an
encrypted zip, with the password in the body text. I don't think any of our
users would be daft enough to fall for that, but you never know.