Re: vista anti virus

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: vista anti virus
Posted by:  Malke (malke@invalid.invalid)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008

wkchevy wrote:

> vista antivirus keeps popping up on screen wanting you to sign up and pay
> can not delete says access not permitted how do i get rid of

Your system is infected with a rogue antivirus program. It is called "rogue"
because it pretends to be A Good Guy but is really Evil. Do not pay them!

In most cases, the computer will also be infected with Zlob and/or Vundo
trojans and protected by a rootkit. These machines are extremely difficult
to clean.

Either get guided help at one of the specialty forums below OR back up your
data and do a clean install of Windows. It is your choice. If you are
unsure how to back up your data or how to do a clean install, you can take
your machine to a local computer professional. I don't recommend using
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad types of places.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

http://aumha.net/ - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
the stickies *first*.
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30