Re: Preferred RootKit detection/removal tool?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Preferred RootKit detection/removal tool?
Posted by:  Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSp…@asu.edu)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008

Spin,
Your subject asks about detection, whereas it seem responses have
been about cleanup once a system has one.  The only real way that
I am aware of for detection that does cover both major divisions of
root kits requires an offline analysis of the machine to be confirmed
"probably" root kit free.
So that does rule out most of the tools in the class you mentioned.
Roger