Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Posted by:  PA Bear [MS MVP] (PABearM…@gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009

Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update?  (I suspect it isn't.)

1. Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!) in Safe
Mode with Networking, if need be:

2. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm