Re: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Password

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Password
Posted by:  VanguardLH (..@nguard.LH)
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010

jc wrote:

> I noticed, in the Task Scheduler, that Apple

Apple is a company name, not a product name.  You have not identified
just WHAT program is being scheduled to execute on your host.

> has a task scheduled that uses SYSTEM. I am assuming Apple's task
> uses: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. What is the SYSTEM password?

There isn't one.  System is a special OS-level account that you don't
normally get to use for your own tasks.  Only a user logged on with
administrator privileges can create a scheduled task that will run
under the System account but not using the GUI interface provided by
the Scheduled Tasks wizard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223375
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313565
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814596